Saturday, August 27, 2011

Diapers, maids and all


Today baby, I almost had a mental meltdown. You are just 8 weeks and maid number 3 is exiting. I’m beginning to wonder whether wonderful maids who stay for years really exist. I usually wonder whether you’ll remember any of them. The thing I thank God for is that none of them were cruel to you.

Today began with the mission to the hospital for your second round of DPT and polio. You didn’t like the first round and tears were shed. This time round, you wailed your heart out to the point where you fell asleep immediately. The first time was easier because you only had one injection; this 2nd time had 2 injections and so both thighs were sore.

Now I understood why they space out these injections, so that you may forget the pain you had felt for a month. This may sound random and queer but i found it fascinating seeing your blood. In my mind, your blood is a result of your dad and I’s DNA. Hmm…

The day before was also a tough day for your Aunt Joyce; she had to undergo surgery for 4 hours and now she has to have full bed rest for 3 weeks. I'm not sure how she’ll obey the bed rest thing considering she’s always the up-n-go kind of person. She adores you to bits, considering she was there from the moment you appeared into this earthly existence. The hospital has a policy for children so I won’t be able to take you to see her until she’s discharged. She’ll be staying over at your Guka and Cucu for Buru till she fully recovers.

It’s been pretty cold lately to the point where people are bitterly complaining about the weather. For you and me, we are mostly indoors so we can’t tell either way coz we’re safe and snug at home. I'm thinking I had my maternity leave at the most opportune time and maybe all the possible future siblings of yours ought to share the same birth month as you. J Just a thought.

As usual, daddy fell asleep before me and miraculously, for the first time in days, you slept way before midnight. I was beginning to fear that you will adopt the habit of sleeping at midnight, meaning that when I return to work I’ll be sleeping for 5 hours only. 5 hours because you seem to delight in waking at dawn. Being very sleepy, I’ll stop at this paragraph and listen to you breath then fall into sweet slumber. Today was a rough day for you and I. Tomorrow may be worse or better but so long as its God, you, me and your daddy… let tomorrow worry about itself. The maid issue will be resolved as well.

Love you my little prince

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger