Saturday, August 27, 2011

Nine months and waiting


Its a beautiful Saturday morning and you, my dear Bee, are still nestling in my womb. Your Uncle Mark hoped you would be born yesterday so that you two can share birthdays but I think you had other ideas. So you are officially in Week 39, Day 4 in Wombsville with no sign of emerging yet but clearly you want to take a few shots of your mother's ribs before you can no longer get away with it.
Everyone from both sides of the family are dreaming and imagining that you're already here and are call to check every hour. Even my workmates are also obssessing about it. :) its kinda heart warming coz i thought no one was that interested in our development. its good to be wrong. The day you come will be a first for all of us. First child for your Dad and I, first day for you, first grandchild for our parents, first nephew for your uncles, first birth for me... Im a little anxious but I think with God on our side, we should be alright. :)
I think the names we chose for you will suit you just fine. :) in the future, when you get a baby sister, she'll be Wambui and if a baby brother, he'll be Mbugua. :) Its Kikuyu naming system that you will understand how it goes later on.
We got our first househelp, as the Kihara family, yesterday. She's called Grace and hopefully things will work out between us. You're dad is still sleeping soundly which is a good thing because the last few days, he's hardly been getting any sleep lately. He's been expecting to here me tell him when you'll start coming. :) I think he's relaxing and realising only God knows when so there's no point stressing about it so he'd better be rested enough for the excitement that comes with baby's arrival. :) I've been getting lots of stuff for you to wear or use from friends family... its so warming and overwhelming.
All i need to trace are a dozen socks for you and we're set for the first days. :)
Take your time my dear child, but just know you have less than 2 weeks to make a grand appearance or we'll have to remove you forcefully. :) Im grateful to God that He's kept you safe and healthy throught my pregnancy. Come to think of it. I think mothers ought to be bought for presents at their children's birthdays because, we did all the carrying and laboring, we ought to be appreciated as well. All I know is that I'm slowly transforming into my mother and its creepy! I was thinking yesterday that I'll be sad the day i'll have to discipline you. :) I know you'll think im being ironic but when you have your first child, call me up and tell me if I'm still being ironic.
:) Your eager and novice mother!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger