Saturday, August 27, 2011

Week 36, Day 6


Its week 36 and day 6 or if you round of, 37 weeks of you being in my belly. This means this week and onwards, you are safe to emerge into this large world as your father and I as your paternal guardians. So many things need to be planned and I feel like things are spinning out of control. I want the best for you and making choices for us is so hard.

You no longer have the space you enjoyed these past few months so now it’s mostly turns and nudges from you. In addition to that, you positioned yourself well, in eager preparation to meet your future. We figured we call you Byron, just coz we stumbled across it in the net, Waithaka because the name belongs to your daddy’s father and Kihara because that is the name of the family waiting for you.

I always wondered how anyone hears their own voice when their ears are filled with the voices of others. That’s what I'm dealing with now and I pray for strength to have my voice heard.

I don’t know whether it was fair to you that I agreed to move so far away from where I work making it impossible to rush home if you needed me. I don’t think I was right to let others decide what concerns you giving the impression that I was not prepared for you. I know they can never substitute me in your life because there can only be one woman who gave birth to you. That’s me buddy, little ol Naomi Wairimu, wife of Kihara Wambui, daughter of Mbugua and child of the Kingdom.

Your existence also coincides the time I'm reconnecting with your father, my first love and has a lot of interesting twists and turns. So many things I hadn’t noticed in him that I'm discovering them now.

I pray that God gives us the strength and wisdom to raise you right. I pray He will guide us each day on our future together as the Kiharas’.

PS, Today’s Mother’s day and guess what?? Because of you, I get to celebrate it. All in all, see you soon my dear son, it was interesting having you in me these past 9 months. Very interesting indeed!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger